MS. Laud Or. 234
Oriental Manuscripts Laud Oriental Collection
Sephardi semi-cursive script.
Illuminated full page initial-word panels with full floral border at the beginning of the work and at the beginning of books 2 and 3 (fols. 7v, 141v, fol. 83v); and illuminated initial-word panels(fols. 82r, 142r).
Fols. 2-6 are a later addition on paper containing: "Index sectionum quae in hoc libro citantur."
Brown leather binding, blind-tooled, with the gold-tooled coat of arms of Archbisop Laud in the middle; holes for straps. Binding repaired in July 1963 by Maltby.
Provenance and Acquisition
Ownership inscription: "Liber Guilielmi Laud Archiepi[scopi] Cant[uariensis] et Cancellar[ii] Universitatis Oxon[iensis] 1634" (fol. 1r); erased Arabic (?) note on fol. 1r; erased Hebrew note on fol. 215v, undeciphered Hebrew inscription on fol. 216r
Donated to the Library by Archbishop William Laud (see Summary Catalogue, vol.II, part 1, pp.13-14).
Digital Bodleian (full digital facsimile)
MSS R.R. Film No. F 22064